- Category: Skiperformance Projects
- Written by Online skipass
Hlíðarfjall Skiresort, Iceland
For nearly 40 years the mountain Hlíðarfjall has been one of the prime skiing areas of Iceland.
The hallmarks of Hlíðarfjall are high quality snow, extensive cross country trails and exciting ski slopes with breathtaking views of Eyjafjörður.
Akureyris' ski resort is situated just 5 km outside of the town, it is a very unique area. The elevation of the site goes from 500 m to 1000 m above sea level and so there is plenty of opportunities for good skiing during the winter months. Since 2006 Hliðarfjall has had a number of snow making machines installed which extendes and improves snow conditions on the slopes. All of the main runs are floodlit, allowing evening skiing.
- Operational from february 2018
- Main season from november to may
- Open in the winter season
- Solution is in English and Icelandic.